WORK BASED LEARNING
Work Based Learning (WBL) programme is a unique initiative to provide employability skills to the individuals of SC, ST, Women and EWS in Niche/Emerging Technologies.
The Key Features of the WBL:
This programme will provide an opportunity to selected SC/ST/EWS/Women candidates to acquire Technical Knowledge Expansion; Real-time Working Skills; Technology Use; Problem Solving Skills; Reasoning; Ideation; Analytical Thinking; Interpersonal Skills, etc. in a professional work environment. This programme would aim to achieve the following:
- It facilitates SC/ ST/ EWS/ Women candidates for transition from college environment to the corporate world, and there by provides them with a real-time exposure on niche technological project / activity in organizations under MeitY.
- The Programme provides direct practical experience and exposure to Fresh Graduates Engineers on Niche Technologies thereby reducing the “deployable time” for both the candidate, as well as the prospective employer.
- It helps candidates attain stability between theoretical studies and realistic job exposurethrough hand-on expertise in Design/Developmental Skills, Requirement Analysis, Testingskills, Exposure to Standardization / QA etc.
- Helps in enhancing professional skills among the candidates in various areas such as problem-solving abilities; communication skills; presentation skills, confidence enhancement, individual grooming, enterprise etiquettes, etc.
Perks for the Candidates:
- Duration of internship : 6 Months
- Stipend : Rs. 10,000 per Month
- Completion Certificate
- Recently graduated students from 'B.Tech/B.E/MCA/M.Sc or equivalent degree' in ECE/CS/IT or related disciplines.
- Students pursuing Engineering (ECE/CS/IT or related disciplines) in 7th or 8th Semester can also apply.
Some of the Key technology areas of work:
- Quantum Communications
- LiFi Communication
- Tactile Internet
- Internet of Things
- Cyber Security
- Smart Classroom
- Campus Networks, WiFi, VSAT & IPv6
- Domain & Accessibility
- Web Development etc.
Selected Individual will get the opportunity to work on Live Projects and Technologies at ERNET India.